My photo
San Diego, Ca, United States
I love God & my family. Some of my hobbies include; natural hair, music, fashion, and did I mention natural hair. I am the ultimate girlie girl; I love dressing up, doing hair, makeup, fashion and SHOES. I value family, life, embrace self acceptance and cherish the things God give me to steward. I am optimistic and also a skeptic. It cost absolutely nothing to be positive or negative, I choose to be positive. This blog will incorporate a mixture of things that I am most passionate about. The main focus is hair but I will throw other things in there every once in a while. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, I LOVE QUESTIONS! Since going natural I have been glued to my laptop, I enjoy networking with other naturals who share the same love and respect for natural hair. My goal is to reach waist length hair by Aug 23, 2013. Thank you for stopping by Peace & blessings. Happy growing!!!!

Friday, June 15, 2012

UPDATE!!

Hello all,


 I would like to apologize for taking a long hiatus. This year started off with unpleasant surprises. In 2 months i lost an aunt to inflammatory breast cancer she was just 28 yrs old. My neighbor/fam friend died to bile duct cancer shortly after, she was 37 (left behind two kids and a husband). one of my best friends was in a car accident that took the life of her 2 kids they were 9 and 5 yrs old. It was one tragedy after another.

Life is so precious it can be taken away in just a breath and although I know my loved ones are in a better place it is us left on earth who suffer. I ask God to give everyone involved strength especially my friend Erica how have to be remembered everyday that her kids are gone. My heart goes out to everyone.

 






 As far as my hair goes up until this month it has been in one PS after another. After taking down my last sew in i discovered that an entire braid had been cut off in my crown area. I freaked out but what can you do? I didn't do it nor can i figure out at what point it happened. It is so disappointing to have something like that happen especially when I pay close attention to the care of my hair. It seems like every time someone else touches my hair I am unhappy with something. I decided to turn to wigs for a change. To be honest I really dislike not having access to my scalp when it itches or sweat with weave in. My hair told me it needed a wash and i couldn't give it what it wanted. *sigh* With a wig i can wash and co-wash whenever i please while keeping my hair in cornrows underneath...besides i want to get comfy with handling my new length.

I will be doing the crown and glory growth technique Wig Regimen w/ a combination of the castor oil challenge. Here is how it works:

1. Sleep in a satin or silk sleep bonnet.
2. wear natural braids under wig.
3. Deep condition weekly
4. clarify hair as needed
5. Drink lots of water daily
6. Hot oil (castor oil mixed with coconut oil) treatment weekly

goal: to retain length.

http://www.growafrohairlong.com/wigs.html

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Later gators <3

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! I really like how your hair looks esp. with the braids. Nice post! Thanks for commenting on my blog, I'm following you back now :)
    Check out my weblog Hair transplant in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete