My photo
San Diego, Ca, United States
I love God & my family. Some of my hobbies include; natural hair, music, fashion, and did I mention natural hair. I am the ultimate girlie girl; I love dressing up, doing hair, makeup, fashion and SHOES. I value family, life, embrace self acceptance and cherish the things God give me to steward. I am optimistic and also a skeptic. It cost absolutely nothing to be positive or negative, I choose to be positive. This blog will incorporate a mixture of things that I am most passionate about. The main focus is hair but I will throw other things in there every once in a while. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, I LOVE QUESTIONS! Since going natural I have been glued to my laptop, I enjoy networking with other naturals who share the same love and respect for natural hair. My goal is to reach waist length hair by Aug 23, 2013. Thank you for stopping by Peace & blessings. Happy growing!!!!

Monday, November 1, 2010

My whipped Shea Butter mix

 My whipped Shea Butter mix
my own whipped shea butter mix
I love using natural products and since the ingredients are simple and easy I make a lot of my own products to save money. My whipped shea butter is solid but melts on contact and it leaves the hair in a phenomenal state; super soft and penetrates through strands well. I highly recommend this for sistas who suffer from excessive dry hair. Because of the oils it tends to get greasy so a little goes a long way. 
Ingredients:



1lbs Shea butter
1 cups extra virgin coconut oil
1/4 cup jojoba oil,
10 drops of pure peppermint oil,
1/4 cup Castor oil
2 tbsp of vitamin e oil
10 drops lavender oil (to remove shea scent)
1 tbsp corn starch (removed greasy feel)



Step 1. Melt shea butter in plastic bowl, use microwave to get shea butter in soft state (not completely oil).
Step 2. Then mix all oils in and begin to whip for about 10 mins. 
step 3. Place in fridge for 20 mins. Then take out and whip some more
step 4. Repeat step 3 about three 3x or until oils & shea get solid. Then transfer whipped shea mix into plastic container and store in room temperature.


YUMMY!
 Few words of advice:
1. remember to double up on your fav oil
2. there is no such thing as over whipping, whip away its the best way to get that melt on contact reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment